Saturday, October 4, 2008

When will it ever end??

So I have an excuse as to why I have not posted in a long time my computer will not let me post pictures and I promised all of you pictures last time so I was waiting. I then decided not to leave you all in the dark any longer I will go ahead and post with or without pictures.

Well today was the marathon and no I did not run it however I did enjoy driving into town last night with all of the words of encouragement telling me I rock and to keep on going. It really inspired me to drive to the best of my ability and to make it to the end. Just kidding I know that the signs were not really for me but it was fun pretending. So back to my story this morning I was able to eat breakfast with my family and watch the first half of conference before I had to head to work and as I was driving to work I was really depressed because I have to work on Saturday's and it really got me wondering "Will I ever be a stay at home mom?" For those of you that don't work with me you should know that I do not work because I want to I work because I have to for insurance we don't qualify for our own insurance because of McKenna's health problems when she was a baby (she only has one lung the other was taken out when she was an infant and the doctors have told us she would never miss the other lung). Then I get to thinking about the Church and how many people in the church have said negative comments about me being a working mom and not being home with my kids, as if it is my choice. I guess that I just have to remember to love the Church for the gospel and the teachings and not judge it because of some of the members.

Sorry I don't mean to be negative. I do have to remind myself about all of the positive things about my job (let's face it if I have to work I have it pretty good with my job.) So here are a few of the positives.
1. The people I work with- If I didn't work I would miss so many of the girls that I work with plus the lunches, family nights, and the almost daily visits from Brittney in my office! Ha Ha sorry Britt.
2. The perks- where else can you go to work and get a facial, pedicure, or massage during your shift.
3. The products- Free products from vendors, products at cost I could go on and on and on.........
4. The flexibility- I can leave work and go to a soccer game or a program at any time.

So when life hands you lemons make lemonade and realize the grass is not always greener on the other side. So long for now I will try to post some pictures next time.

16 comments:

Me and The Boys said...

You're right..it always seems like the grass is greener on the other side, b/c sometimes, being a SAHM, I think of how "fun" it would be to get out and work again and do the out to lunch thing....You're an awesome MOM and that just goes to show your doing something right!

Jenn said...

I am so glad you vented, I did the same thing the other day! We are asked to do so much as mothers now-a-days. And I think you are awesome for all yo do. If there is anyone who gives you a hard time for working, they obviously don't know what is best for you family, because only YOU know that. I am proud of you for looking for the positive, I sometimes forget how good we have it at the spa. If we have to work, at least we can be there, huh?

Will and Chelsea said...

I MISS you!! You can still make me laugh :) If I have a say in the final judgement... you will make it! Ignore the negative comments from the "wannabe" church members. They have no idea how amazing you are and how your kids wouldn't be so darn irresistable without YOU! I will always stand beside you... and not just because you're the only one I trust with my hair :)

Randee said...

First let me say - cute new background.

Second of all {{{hugs}}}! Sometimes I get down on myself for working too. Our church is strong on the mom's staying home, but that is not always feasible and our leaders themselves have said that sometimes it is necessary for the mother to work. I too have been hurt by others words, and sometimes I wonder if I don't "belong in the ward" because I work... or is it because I am so poor that I have to live in my folks basement??? Who knows... maybe I am just a retard. But I too have to remind myself that the church is good and wonderful, but sometimes the people are not and I cant judge the church because of an individual's actions. Each mother knows her family best and all would benefit to trust in that and not judge each other.

For what it's worth... you are an awesome mother with fantastic kids. You are an awesome boss and loved by all of us. You have a way to level things out at work and I am sure you have the same magical touch at home and we love you for that. I find it a pleasure to be your friend.

Post anytime without pictures... we love hearing from you! Sorry I got long winded. *blush*

Carsen and Lesina said...

Great blog! I totally loved working there and I miss all the wonderful people there. It's hard to go to work while raising children but sometimes it's a sacrafice that makes life better for loved ones. If you didn't work there think of all the employees that would quit if you left lol.

Cassidy Legg said...

I seriously laughed so hard about the driving to the best of your ability. OH MAN! Still laughing. And honestly anyone that says one negitive thing about you obviously doesnt know you. YOu are an amazing mom and wife. You do SO much for your family and still kick butt as a manager of one of the top spas in the world. In all honesty I am sure they are jealous of what you have and what they dont. You are an awesome person dont let other people make you feel less than that

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

Love how you turned the signs for the marathon all about you.. lol It's like the mirror thing don't even think about looking in the mirror if you are around lol. I love you, you are so funny. You always have the best outlook on things. I know I always tell you I could never be a stay at home mom i would go crazy- but it makes it really hard with the church because I know how important it is to be home. We will just do the best we can for now.
And seriously what would you do with out my daily visits in the office from me. When I get to work there are adults to finally talk to, so I trap everyone so they are stuck talking to me FOREVER!!!!! Sorry but than I really am not sorry cause I like talking. I would be seriously sad if you left work cause you kick ass. :)

Marcie said...

I was a working mother for 20+ years...and it wouldn't be me to judge! You are doing what is right for your family and I must say, doing a fabulous job at it! Chelsea LOVED working for you and can hardly wait for breaks when she can fill in! You are a wonderful mother and don't you forget it!

The Larson's said...

I work too, but I guess I am lucky and get to work from home! Trisha you are a great mom and I am so lucky to know you! People say hurtful things and can be so rude, but you have to realize that they are just rude and ignorant people :)!

Emily said...

Trish, I've been McKenna's substitute teacher the past two weeks and if your other kids are as cute and smart and sweet as McKenna, which I'm sure they are, then you should be so proud of yourself! You are doing such a great job as a mom! Oh, and you should ask McKenna if you can read her story about her family when it is finished! I learned all about how she has grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins who are so funny and fun to play lot's of games with! ;-)

sunnie said...

I am glad I ran into you today, it has been a long time. I know how it is not qualifying for individual health insurance, it stinks. When our COBRA runs out we are going to get HIPA. Have you heard of it?

Robyn said...

Trisha,
How are you? It is fun to see your blog. I know how it is to get snide comments about working. Some of us just have to. I don't know any different now. We all have different circumstances and people just need to worry about making their own family work and not so much about others. Your family is so cute, five kids-how do you manage? I have three and feel overwhelmed everyday. Robyn Warner Brown

Randee said...

Hey - OT, but we just started a new blog at http://sagestone.blogspot.com/ Comment on it if you wanna participate. We are going to make it "members only" after a week or so. :)

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

FACEBOOK!!!!!! FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Trish you have a wonderful family. It's nice to see you outside of the work image. I love to read how you feel. I think because I never talk to you at the spa I forget about your life as a mommy and wife as well. You do a great job managing both. Keep it up! Jen

Randee said...

Hey, when are you gunna post pics of your trick-o-treaters?